We are looking for the right people — people who want to innovate, achieve, grow and lead. We attract and retain the best talent by investing in our employees and empowering them to develop themselves and their careers. Experience the challenges, rewards and opportunity of working for one of the world’s largest providers of products and services to the global energy industry.
- Under direct supervision, responsible for the movement of domestic and international goods in compliance with local and international law.
- Role requires knowledge of all possible movement constraints, experience in one or two transport modes (Ocean, Air or Land) and knowledge of hazardous movements.
- Coordinates pre-shipping instructions and works with service provider(s) on movements.
- Coordinates orders for shipment of cargo from point of origin to point of destination, to ensure product meets required delivery in the most efficient method, while interfacing with the customers to keep them apprised of progress.
- All files must be maintained per shipping requirements.
- Gathers data on value of the service provider and analyzes business’ short-term needs while planning movement of shipments.
- Requires the use of logistics systems to perform job duties, and ensure correct and timely movement transactions.
- Responsible for recording data measurements to help follow trends in order to identify alternative ways to improve the moves and logistics services to the economic benefit of Halliburton.
- Responsible for packing, marking, labeling and measuring cargo to provide accurate weight & dimensions.
- This function will utilize SAP and other logistics systems to perform job duties, and ensure correct and timely movement.
- Job tasks performed correctly impact directly on cost containment, efficiency, profitability and/or operations.
- Requires the ability to assist F&A (finance and accounting) with validation of rates and charges on invoices.
- Requires completion of a two year degree or equivalent degree in Logistics, Supply Chain, Information Systems, or Engineering plus 1 to 2 years of experience in logistics.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred. IATA/IMDG certification may be required based on scope of work.
Halliburton is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, citizenship, marital status, sex/gender, sexual preference/ orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status, national origin, or any other status protected by law or regulation.
Zone Industrielle de Camberene, Dakar, Dakar, , Senegal
Requisition Number: 89206
Experience Level: Entry-Level
Job Family: Manufacturing & Supply Chain
Product Service Line: Supply Chain Mgmt
Full Time / Part Time: Full Time