Are you looking to make a difference in security cooperation?
Sincerus is looking for an experienced Logistics Professional Advisor in support of the State’s Office of Global Programs and Initiatives, Peace Operations Capacity Building Division’s (GPI/POCB) efforts to provide assistance to GPOI Partner Nation (PN) Troop Contributing Countries (TCC) deployed to the United Nations Multidimensional Integrated Stabilization Mission in Mali (MINUSMA). This is viewed as a top priority to improve mission performance by building partner capacity and self-sufficiency. Toward these objectives, GPOI will provide advisory services to:
(1) Improve the GPOI PN operational readiness capabilities.
(2) Promote GPOI PN self-sufficiency.
Advisor duties and responsibilities will likely include: The embedded full-time Operational Readiness Senior Advisor with extensive understanding of multifunctional logistics management concepts and UN mission support requirements will advise and mentor select GPOI PN’s on vehicle and equipment operational readiness and COE management in the support of MINUSMA. The Advisor will strengthen the capacity of the GPOI PN by mentoring and assisting key leaders to better understand and resolve their emergent and systemic logistics issues. The Senior Advisor will be primarily based in Bamako, Mali and travel within the country, as needed. Regional travel may also be required.
In furtherance of this goal, the Operational Readiness Senior Advisor supports the MINUSMA by:
- Conducting a logistics gap analysis with the PN commanders and logistics officers as directed by the GPOI program office. For each gap identified, the advisor and Battalion Logistics Officer (B4) will determine milestones toward a desired end state.
- Working with unit B4s to create a country-specific engagement plan to review progress of the milestones and identify emergent issues.
- Developing a Work Plan to synchronize the engagement plans into one effort for the identified period of performance.
- Liaising with MINUSMA Force Headquarters (FHQ) Staff offices and UN mission support offices with, and on behalf of GPOI PNs, to address systemic and emergent issues that affect operational readiness.
- Working closely with other relevant advisors and the national military leaders in respective GPOI PN countries to synchronize efforts and promote transparency.
- Providing recommendations to the GPOI program office to more effectively tailor PN logistics training.
REQUIRED PERSONNEL EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS for the GPOI Operational Readiness Advisor include:
- Minimum fifteen (15) years of experience serving as a U.S. military officer with demonstrated experience in maintenance management and supply management.
- Minimum two (2) years of experience training and/or advising developing country militaries.
- Experience resolving complex logistics issues in a resource constrained environment.
- French language proficiency defined at a level of professional working proficiency, which generally comports to a ILR rating of 3:3, DLAB rating of 3:3, or State Department rating of S-3:R-3.
- Experience in United Nations peace operations field mission(s), other UN logistics assignment(s), or other relevant experience with UN COE and UN mission support operations.
- Previous experience as U.S. support unit commander, support operations officer, maintenance officer, military logistics advisor, or combat arms armor unit commander.
- Experience operating in Sub-Saharan Africa.
- Security clearance requirement: Not required.