Tasks and Responsibilities
The Procurement and Logistic Coordinator is responsible and accountable for Logistics facility management and procurement activities for IOR Office, aiming at increasing effectiveness and efficiency of procurement and logistics management. S/he conducts overall logistical and procurement actions, including Procurement, Assets Control, Supplies, Service/Maintenance, Transport and Mission Fleet and contractual agreements
Under the guidance of the ICT Director, the incumbent will perform the following duties:
- Coordinate the procurement activities and provide guidance, training and orientation as required on SOS IOR’s logistics and procurement policies, rules, regulations and procedures;
- Provide information to the Line manager on risk mitigation of procurement activities and processes in the IOR;
- Ensure proper end to end budgeting process and manage general services expenses, budget follow up and reporting;
- Facilitate the timely submission of necessary asset and procurement reports and documentation as appropriate and produce regular progress reports, statistical information, and briefing materials, as required;
- Ensure end-to-end procurement process according to the internal and GSC polices and regulations, including analyzing of the procurement requests, advising businesses identify service providers and evaluate information regarding vendors’ performance on increasing efficiency and cost-effectiveness;
- Ensure that appropriate records are kept on assets disposal; check that assets are located accordingly and used in IOR’s best interest; and regularly update the asset inventory list;
- Oversee services providers including security, parking, cleaning, catering, and evaluate them annually;
- Organize transportation activities (travel, flight, booking) and travel and vehicle request of all staff; update vehicle tracker weekly and monitor vehicle records and ensure timely vehicle registration renewal and licensing;
- Organize logistics of internal & external meetings of the IOR
- Ensure that basic facilities, such as water, electricity, air conditioning, and so on are well maintained including preventive and corrective maintenance, and recommend the establishment of maintenance agreements with competent service providers when it is feasible and determined to be cost-effective;
- Develop the investment plan every 2 years and monitor it and lead the process of obtaining the headquarters agreement
- Ensure payments regarding all procurement invoices are submitted in timely manner to Finance
- Minimum of Bachelor degree in administration management, purchasing and logistics or in another relevant field.
- Certification in Procurement, Logistics or Supply Chain management is an advantage.
- At least 5 years’ experience in similar position
- Good analytical and organisational skills
- Virtual management skills and knowledge of collaboration tools
- Excellent communication and influencing skills
- Ability to work in a cross cultural environment
- Fluency in English and French (spoken and written) is necessary
- Diverse, creative and challenging opportunities in an international working environment
- Possibility to make significant contribution towards the development of Member Associations in the Region
- Competitive compensation package and excellent development opportunities In accordance with the organisation’s child protection policy, all employment is subject to applicable background checks, including criminal record checks
What We Stand For: **
SOS Children’s Villages is committed to creating and maintaining a caring and protective environment, which promotes its core values, and prevents and addresses child abuse and exploitation. We strongly condemn all forms of child abuse and exploitation, be it within or outside of our organization, and always respond to any case of proven, alleged or attempted abuse within our sphere of influence according to its nature. Eff orts ensure that mechanisms are in place to raise awareness, aid prevention, encourage reporting and ease response. They range from human resource development actions such as training and counselling to measures such as suspension, dismissal, and legal action.
If you are interested in this position, please send your detailed e-mail application: CV including 3 references and cover letter in English by December 4th, 2020 at the latest to email@example.com
The position title must be mentioned in the subject line. Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Female candidates are strongly encouraged.