About the position
The role of the Regional Supply Chain Manager reports to the Group Commercial Manager and exists to manage the centralised regional procurement function as well as provide supply chain functional guidance and support to Perseus’s operations, construction and development projects in the region. The Regional Supply Chain Manager will also be involved in the set-up of any new sites the Group may develop.
Key responsibilities of the role include but are not limited to:
- Manage the effective operation of centralised procurement for all African sites;
- Management and control of the purchasing and contracts, logistics, customs & freight, warehousing, cataloguing and inventories functions for the Group;
- Assist with the development of and compliance with Group policies & procedures;
- Development, implementation and continual improvement of the procedures for all the services placed under its responsibility;
- Development of a supplier base giving better service and value;
- Management of the personnel under its responsibility in regards to improvement of the service given to the customers, performance rating, formation, training and development;
- Oversee half-yearly and cyclical stock counts; investigate and rectify stock differences;
- Critical analysis of stock management reports, including re-order report, outstanding orders, slow moving stock, critical and obsolete stock, stock in transit, stock on consignment, etc.;
- Champion correct operation and utilisation of Pronto ERP system to gain the maximum benefit;
- Provide clear leadership to subordinates on the standards of quality, quantity, timeliness and cost to be applied to their work.
About the ideal candidate
As Perseus’s Regional Supply Chain Manager, you will have minimum 5 years upper management experience in Supply and Logistics as well as warehousing management at a managerial level. Ideally, you will have a qualification in Engineering, Supply and Logistics and or warehousing management. For this opportunity it is also required that you have:
- 7-10 years in Supply at a senior level in the international mining industry;
- A high level of written and verbal communication skills;
- The ability to motivate, lead and empower others to high levels of performance;
- A high degree of attention to detail;
- A high standard of personal integrity and professionalism.
It is also desirable that you have:
- Process Plant start-up and early operations experience;
- Previous experience working in West Africa;
- Experience with supply, logistics and warehousing management system (Pronto or other);
- Training systems development and implementing for personnel;
- Experience as a Professional Purchaser and Business administrator;
- Fluency in French and English.
If you are interested in working with a highly committed, skilled and dynamic team, please submit your resume and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org before 5pm on 20 November 2020. Please quote “Regional Supply Chain Manager” in the subject of your email.
Perseus Mining is an equal opportunity employer who supports and builds a diverse workforce. We value our people and help them build up their skills and take their careers to the next level.