Purpose of the Job
Reporting to the PDR Manager, the Logistics Specialist PDR will be for responsible for arranging and coordinating all logistics activities of Aggreko fleet equipment/ shipments during project mobilizations and demobilizations within the Africa region. The person will be the go-to person on all logistics movement, ensuring fleet and other equipment/ shipments are delivered on time and within budget, and all constraints/ bottlenecks are timely resolved. The person will be involved in logistics planning, execution and monitoring stages of the assigned projects and will be expected to travel to areas where there are bottlenecks at short notice, and thus is expected to have excellent problem capabilities.
Job Accountabilities/Key Responsibilities:
- Work closely with the Fleet Teams in arranging the timely movement of fleet from shipping locations to final delivery point.
- Work closely with the Inventory Teams in arranging the timely movement of inventory items from shipping locations to final delivery point.
- Follow up/ track all shipments from collection/ supply points to final delivery.
- Resolve and seek alternatives when there are delays, and timely escalate to all stakeholders.
- Create and communicate the Logistics Plan (including logistics strategy to be applied, in order to meet project objectives and unique logistics scope; and planned timelines, costs, risks, etc.) in line with the project requirements and logistics scope.
- Work with the Client in creating an accurate Shipping Instruction document during new mobilisations to ensure smooth execution and delivery.
- Provide regular updates/ status of shipments, costs, risks, etc.
- Participate p in all project meetings and provide updates of assigned projects as required.
- Work closely with Procurement in finding suitable logistics provider(s) in order to meet the Logistics Plan including costs and schedule objectives. Therefore, will ensure appropriate SLA’s balancing risks and regards are in place prior to movement of the 1st shipment.
- Manage performance of contracted 3rd party logistics providers and hold them accountable to agreed SLA’s and costs.
- Forge strong relationships with key logistics suppliers including transporters, air- and sea- carriers, port authorities, cargo inspection services, etc.
- Ensure all orders/ shipments are registered on Transport Management System (TMS) and other similar tools, to track shipping performance, shipping costs and volume data.
- Ensure purchase-to-pay protocols are always observed for all project shipments and logistics activities.
- Act a key logistics contact for customers throughout the project phase.
- Keep accurate records of all project’s reports including logistics plan, schedule and costs trackers, and ensure these are regularly updated on online portals.
- Ensure comprehensive and timely handover to operations at the end of the project ‘phase’ during mobilisation, including provision of close-out/ handover reports.
- Demonstrate a high level of intellectual curiosity and think outside existing models to provide ad-hoc analyses and deeper exploration as appropriate on logistics issues that can have a high impact on the organization’s ability to deliver projects.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Supply Chain or Operations Management, Engineering
- 7 years’ experience minimum in area of global logistics management
- 3 years minimum in a supervisor or manager’s role
- International experience within a multinational company is desired.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Thorough knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures within global logistics, including Incoterms, commonly used shipment tracking tools, etc.
- Familiar with different tools for logistics network optimization review.
- Strong Excel modelling and PowerPoint presentation
- Excellent problem-solving capability
- Familiar with customs and other regulatory requirements in Africa.
- Ability to travel within the Africa region.
- Must show initiative and be able to work without close supervision
- Aggressive self-starter with a strong work ethics
- Must be bilingual (French and English).
We’re the people who use our big boxes to make a massive difference. We believe in the positive impact of power and the ability to control temperature. We believe what we do opens up opportunity and creates potential for individuals, communities, industries and societies over the world. We believe when we work together we can do anything. We believe in the power of our team. We’re the people who keep the lights on. And we recruit the best talent, too.
Our four values help us get even better at what we do. It’s the Aggreko way of working – we call it Always Orange.
Always Orange means:
Being dynamic: We’re nimble and are always ready to react to an ever changing world.
Being expert: We know our stuff, we’re great under pressure and we thrive in our busy, fast-paced, deadline-driven environment. We use our experience to make a difference. We know how to challenge and we have the courage of our convictions.
Being together: We play for Team Aggreko and value the expertise of everyone around us. We’re accountable and we hold others to account.
Being innovative: We never miss an opportunity to learn, to look out, or to be better.
Aggreko is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing an inclusive environment that allows each employee to be their best based upon their merit, talent and aspiration. We do not discriminate, and we abide by the laws in the locations in which we operate.