Key tasks and responsibilities
- Plan, organize, manage, and control the logistics & supply of assigned location, including but not limited to procurement, expediting, logistics, customs clearance, QC, warehousing and inventory control.
- Ensure that the local SC team, in a timely manner, attends to, and closes out, Supply Chain process deliverables, such as:
- Handling of Purchase Requisitions, Purchase Orders and invoices,
- Receipt of, move into inventory and issue out of all goods, materials and equipment arriving in country or region and move same to and from final or temporary destinations i.e drill sites or installations.
- Correct issuance of documents required for above processes i.e. shipping documentation, receipts and custom documents
- Handling of supply base activities including planning supply vessels schedules, loading plans and loading and offloading of vessels,
- Oversee logistics for all crew change functions. This for both onshore and offshore operations
- Ensuring that all the required services, contracts, clearance for the crude lifting operations are in place as required.
- In coordination with the Importation and Exportation Coordinator oversee all customs clearance (import and export) activities (drilling rigs and equipment, workboats, barges, personnel as well as all material)
- Be educated on the national and international customs rules and regulations including the most important laws affecting custom clearance, custom offences and appeals in custom matters
- Maintain overall responsibility for the supply base SC activities, optimizing the use of the local and/or regional tax suspension regimen (if any)
- Work very closely with Finance and other functions to ensure Company is dealing optimally with tax suspension regimen (if any)
- Ensure the Function is compliant to all E&P policies, procedures and internal compliance requirements
- Responsible for drafting new procedures and guidelines or giving input to existing procedures, in case procedures are missing or the global procedures are not adequately considering local requirements
- Actively pursue the development and implementation of local Supply Chain practices in alignment with global best practice and procedures to meet the strategic objectives of the Company
- Understand and comply with Local Content rules and optimize supply from a LC perspective
- Work very closely with the Supply Chain Management team to ensure best practices are observed throughout the organization
- Ensure adequate staffing and provide general supervision to functional staff, ensuring support and guidance with career development, and responsible for all performance matters.
- In a proactive and solution providing manner liaise with other stakeholders as required to ensure smooth operation (Operations, Drilling, Project, Finance, Legal, Business Development, Estimating, Engineering etc.)
- Acquire local as well as global vendor market knowledge and maintain vendor relations as required
- Ensure the required vendor base is qualified to meet the company standards and all relevant procedures are followed.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain Management or Logistics
- Master’s degree in Supply Chain Management a plus
- Long relevant experience may compensate for formal education
- Ideally 8 plus years of relevant experience in similar in oilfield logistics and supply base management
- Candidates that also have experience with procurement in Gabon and with experience in Gabonese customs & operator tax exemption regimen will be preferred
- International exposure is advantageous given company global footprint BUT local working experience in the assigned country is a requirement
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Team player and meticulous to details
- Excellent leadership and decision-making skills
- Proactive and able to work independently, applying a structured and systematic approach
- Ability to deliver in a high pressure, fast pace project environment
- Ability to deliver high quality work on time
- Ability to think strategically
- Good understanding and knowledge of the technical, contractual, and commercial issues related to an oilfield operators shore base operations
- Fluent in French and English (oral and written)
- Computer skills & knowledge of working within an oilfield ERP system essential