Role Summary: Responsible for implementing the procurement strategy developed by the Procurement manager under the supervision of Finance Manager. Categorization of products and services, coordination of PO creation, perform vendors’ periodic evaluation and ensuring product and services are delivered within appropriate time frame.
Report to: Procurement Manager (NOIP)
• Products/Services categorization: categorize under a logical sequence all products and services procured by the company.
• Sourcing of vendors: Put in place an effective local vendors’ database with respect to the guidelines of the procurement policies and procedures.
• Po creation: Coordinate the creation of PO with OGBS
• Vendors performance evaluation: Carry our periodic vendors’ evaluation as per SLA and contract terms.
• Timely delivery of orders: Ensure all orders are delivered timely by vendors through proper follow up and coordination.
• Closing of PO: Ensures all POs are closed upon delivery and that no PO is kept opened after a reasonable time.
• Control over purchase requests: Questions any abnormal request raised by departments prior to issuing a PO.
• Relationship with local vendors: Maintain good working relationship with a category of local vendors as will be decided by the procurement manager.
• Good receipt confirmation: Participate in the physical reception of valuable non-stackable items and assets.
• Customer and clearance procedures: Works in collaboration with the transit team to ensure all oversea purchases are cleared and delivered timely.
• Ad hoc tasks: Carry out any other task as desired the procurement manager.
Education, Technical and experience requirements:
• Hold a bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain/Engineering
• A professional qualification in Procurement will be an added advantage
• +5 Years of relevant professional experience with at least 3 in a similar role
within an industry, preferable production or heavy logistics operations
• Experience in port operations will be an added advantage
• Good experience in ERP, preferably SAP
and mastery of computer information systems
• Advanced excel skills with good data management skills
• Fluent in both English and French
• Excellent team player able to influence stakeholders at higher level
• Ability to communicate complex technical information to non-technical persons
• Ability to work alone with capacity to lead a small team
• Strategic thinking ability
• Good organisational skills, ability to prioritize and deliver results
under tight deadlines
• Ability to lead a project and deliver on results
• Excellent team player
• Engineering team
• Operation team
• IT team
• QHSE team
• HR team
• Legal team
• Admin team
• CHA team
• Accounts Payable
If your profile corresponds to one of these positions,
please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org
Location: Libreville – Gabon – Owendo International Port