Regional Supply Chain Manager – West Africa
- Senior level opportunity
- Responsible for management of complete supply chain in the region
- Opportunity to provide support to local teams across West Africa
Are you a self-starter high performing professional who aspires to grow within a business and work with collaborative executives who are focused on supporting you to effectively execute? Would you like to work with one of the best performing global mining services providers?
Capital Ltd, a publicly listed Company on the London Stock Exchange, is an emerging and developing markets focused drilling and mining services company that provides a complete range of drilling and mining services and can support projects from initial exploration phase through to full-scale production.
We have an immediate requirement for experienced, motivated and professional Regional Supply Chain Manager for the West African market.
The Regional Supply Chain Manager will work with the General Manager – West Africa. The Regional Supply Chain Manager is accountable for all the supply chain matters, training and development of local teams and the development and execution of various operational strategies. This is a unique and senior level opportunity, working for a company with a clear vision.
- Ensure effective use of the Purchasing system and timely reporting
- Manage internal inventory and procurement process
- Complete PO and work orders to assist procurement when required
- Manage the stock cataloguing system to ensure effective use within the Purchasing system and accurate stock levels
- Supervise, lead, and manage local employees in the department which includes stores, stock management and purchasing functions
- Provide leadership and guidance to direct reports to lead and manage their respective departments to ensure professional and timely support to the operational business units
- In conjunction with line management, implement agreed stock levels in each business and report on balances in accordance with the reporting timetable
- Co-ordinate and undertake stock-takes at all sites on at least a quarterly basis
- Ensure all importation duties are approved where appropriate and in accordance with statutory requirements
- Ensure all assets that require registration are registered and maintained as compliant
- Provide review, analysis and feedback to each country office resulting in actionable improvements in the execution of functions
- Ensure prompt and efficient supply of spares and equipment to the business
- Monitor material and components market price trends and provide recommendations to the management team on key component procurement strategies
You will be required to have:
- A degree in the relevant field
- A minimum of 5-6 years of professional experience in the Supply Chain field
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in a senior/leadership role
- Experience working with foreign multi-national enterprises
- Knowledge and experience with ERP systems
- Basic mechanical knowledge
- Strong leadership and self-organisation skills
- Effective communication skills, both English and French would be an advantage
- Ability to work autonomously, use initiative and be proactive
- Ability to adhere to deadlines with a pragmatic approach to work
- Excel knowledge (advance level)
- Time management skills
- Must be willing to undertake frequent travel throughout West Africa
This is a job opportunity, with a competitive remuneration package to be offered to prospective candidates for this position.
To send applications or seek further information: WAF.HR@capdrill.com
The Company reserves the right:
- To contact only the best qualified candidates to participate in the selection exercise.
- Not to make any appointment following this advertisement.
Application deadline: 16 December 2021.