Jumia is a leading e-commerce platform in Africa. It is built around a marketplace, Jumia Logistics, and JumiaPay.
- The marketplace helps millions of consumers and sellers to connect and transact.
- Jumia Logistics enables the delivery of millions of packages through our network of local partners.
- JumiaPay facilitates the payments of online transactions for Jumia’s ecosystem.
With over 1 billion people and 500 million internet users in Africa, Jumia believes that e-commerce is making people’s lives easier by helping them shop and pay for millions of products at the best prices wherever they live. E-commerce is also creating new opportunities for SMEs to grow, and job opportunities for a new generation to thrive.
With over 5,000 employees in more than 10 countries in Africa, Jumia is led by top talented leaders offering a great mix of local and international talents and is backed by very high-profile shareholders. Jumia is committed to creating sustainable impact in Africa. Jumia offers unique opportunities in a vibrant and booming environment, creating new jobs, new skills, and empowering a new generation.
Head of 3PL will support the Third-Party Logistics (3PL) management including performance management and negotiations process. The role will provide delivery precision results and evaluate the distribution capacity planning capabilities. The role will work with 3PL partners to design and implement LEAN logistics methodology.
- Oversee day-to-day operations of Jumia’s largest Inbound 3PL.
- Identify and define the critical capabilities needed to support Jumia’s Supply Chain strategies. Think strategically and provide input in the requirements and design process.
- Audit charge backs related to Performance Team cartons.
- Develop process improvements to mitigate charge backs related to Performance Team Cartons.
- Update performance metrics and continually report progress to goal.
- Manage monthly/quarterly business reviews for Jumia’s 3PL partners.
- Audit 3PL billing to ensure accuracy.
- Drive a broad Business Continuity and Sustainability strategy.
- Roll out new lean process improvements at Jumia’s 3PL facilities
- Develops and executes an annual budget, including expense tracking and forecasting for distribution planning, cost controls, and revenue achievement according to productivity objectives for operational efficiency
- Develops tracking and improvement strategies around Key Performance indicators such as on-time fulfillment, labor cost productivity per hour/unit/case, incident and safety rates, and inventory accuracy. Communicates these metrics to supply chain partners on a regular/set basis.
- Partners effectively with key stakeholders internally/externally to achieve maximum levels of productivity, ensuring that the business benefits from the lowest possible cost and best value.
- Ensures facility compliance with governmental and/ or other regulatory laws as communicated and directed by corporate leadership.
- Performs staff management of 3PL partner including training, performance evaluation, development and accountability.
- Work with key stakeholder’s vital transportation services
- Bachelor’s or advanced degree in supply chain discipline or related experience.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office – Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Email, Internet etc.
- Proficient in Google Office Suite – Google Drive, Google Sheets, Google Docs, Gmail, etc.
- Minimum 5 years-total experience in Supply Chain, Warehouse Operations, Program Management, Management Consulting, Strategy, or a related field. (preferably in a high-volume environment)
- dditional expertise in supply chain management (Distribution Center/ Warehouse Management Planning, Inbound Transportation,
- Goods/ Inventory Flow Planning, or, Supply Chain Strategy/ Innovations, Supply Chain Analytics) is a plus
- Demonstrated success in cross-functional, global project/program execution.
- Familiarity and utilization of WBS for driving productivity and processes
Skills and Competences :
- Leadership Identity to lead and influence others.
- Innovation Mindset & Strategic Enterprise Thinking.
- Proven ability to navigate complex organizational structures.
- Experience in aligning cross-cultural, cross-functional, and virtual teams.
- Strong relationship-building skills; ability to create trust among those with diverse personal styles.
- Solid presenter and group facilitator.
- Exceptional listening skills, excellent
- Written skills and high-profile communication/storytelling skills.
- High tolerance for ambiguity, self-directed and comfortable working in ambiguous environments
- Project and Program Management acumen,
- Literacy in Lean Thinking a plus.
- A unique experience in an international, entrepreneurial yet structured environment
- An unparalleled personal and professional improvement as our longer-term objective is to train the next generation of leaders of our future internet service lines
- The opportunity to be part of the team of talented people with the best backgrounds
Apply for this job