NRC is currently working in Burkina Faso and Niger as one country program, with staff dedicated to assisting people affected by conflict. NRC’s humanitarian interventions are based on its programming expertise in the Core Competencies of Shelter, Education, Water, Sanitation and Hygiene, Livelihoods and Food Security, along with Information Counselling and Legal Assistance (ICLA) to vulnerable displaced people that were forced to flee as well as in host communities.
An ideal candidate will be a passionate and committed humanitarian worker with 3 years’ experience of working in a senior logistics management position in a humanitarian/recovery context. NRC is particularly looking for a logistics manager with the strength and vision to support fresh and innovative teams of highly professional logistics staff across our areas of operations. A strategic thinker, connector, with strong logistics management skills and an individual with a solid understanding of the Sahelien context. Candidates with a thorough understanding of, and experience working with logistic systems and procedure are particularly encouraged to apply. Representation experience in logistic clusters and the humanitarian community is essential.
Role and responsibilities
Some of the responsibilities are:
- Ensure that the country set up complies with NRC Logistical Guidelines, NRC Logistic handbook, policies and donor requirements
- Implement NRC’s logistics systems and procedures and develop in-country logistics policy documentation in line with NRC Global procedures
- Initiate and maintain necessary leases, licenses and contracts with relevant authorities and suppliers
- Management of the logistics team
- Training and support of line managers and staff with logistical responsibilities
- Contribute to program and project design, including budget development and preparation, follow up and manage allocated budget lines.
- Oversight and coordination of market analysis by logistics staff to support project modality decisions with analysis of the functionality and accessibility of markets local to target populations.
- Provide audit and control checks within the country to ensure compliance to the logistics handbook
- Setup key performance indicators for all aspects of logistics activities and provide regular review, analysis and reporting against performance
- Provide an enabling environment for the implementation of cash-based interventions, through working across programme and support teams and the development of relevant guidance and SOPs.
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience from working as a senior Logistics Manager in a humanitarian/recovery context
- Experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Experience of data collection, analysis and report writing
- Knowledge of market analysis tools and approaches
- Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile
- Fluency in French and English, both written and verbal
Please find the full job description here
What we offer:
- Grade 9 in NRC scale
- An opportunity to match your career to a compelling cause
- A chance to meet and work with people who are the best in their fields
- 12-month contract with possibility of extension
DEADLINE TO APPLY: 3/01/2023
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to join our work culture that empowers every employee to share ideas and take responsibility. At NRC we think outside the box. We encourage ideas and give responsibility to all employees at all levels, to help solve the complex issues that we face. You will have many opportunities to be heard and take the initiative.
To apply as an internal candidate, click on the suitcase icon “I am an employee” on the top right of the page to be redirected to NRC’s internal career site.
Kindly send any questions that you may have in relation to the application process to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications sent via email will not be accepted. Please check your application status on your NRC application profile