The Sourcing Specialist is responsible to implement sourcing plans and tactics to effectively manage the sourcing activities related to their assigned portfolio to maximize supplier performance (cost, quality, lead time) and support the business plan in the region.
- Implement sourcing plans with the goal of assuring specified quality, meeting required delivery times, and minimizing cost.
- Document the performance of action plans and timelines for assigned sourcing projects.
- Select a high-performance supply base for assigned portfolio, in accordance with a short-list of preferred suppliers defined by Category Managers.
- Conduct requests for information, quotation, information, proposal (RFI/Q/P) and bidding processes, minimizing risk and maximizing value in terms of quality, delivery and cost.
- Evaluate current and prospective suppliers through supplier reviews, site visits and audits, in coordination with Supplier Quality teams, to assure supply capabilities, on-time delivery, quality and service.
- Negotiate prices and terms with suppliers to meet specified quality, delivery and cost objectives.
- Execute contract negotiation and development in coordination with Sourcing Manager and Contract Specialists.
- Drive the parts and process qualification in coordination with Supplier Quality teams.
- Work closely with Sourcing Manager or Sourcing Leader to guarantee supply for portfolios.
- Identify opportunities and implement actions to continually reduce wasted time, money, and resources from assigned tasks.
- Comply with Schlumberger and local procedures applicable to the job function.
- Bachelor’s or Masters’ Degree in Supply Chain, Purchasing, International Purchase or related field
- Minimum experience of 3 years in Purchasing & Supply Chain Management.
- Good verbal and written communication skills required in both French and English
Schlumberger is the world’s leading provider of technology for reservoir characterization, drilling, production, and processing to the oil and gas industry. We have more than 20 years of experience in delivering world-class service to our customers through integrated projects. These projects range from basic service coordination through to complete development and abandonment of fields. To meet the growing needs of our business we are encouraging applications from experienced professionals who share our passion for delivering excellence in all aspects of project delivery.
As a leading employer in our industry, Schlumberger is proud to offer a highly competitive package of base and incentive compensation as well as a comprehensive benefits program designed to support the health, wellness and financial security of our employees and their families. Schlumberger is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.