Jumia is a leading e-commerce platform in Africa. It is built around a marketplace, Jumia Logistics, and JumiaPay :
- The marketplace helps millions of consumers and sellers to connect and transact.
- Jumia Logistics enables the delivery of millions of packages through our network of local partners.
- JumiaPay facilitates the payments of online transactions for Jumia’s ecosystem.
With over 1 billion people and 500 million internet users in Africa, Jumia believes that e-commerce is making people’s lives easier by helping them shop and pay for millions of products at the best prices wherever they live. E-commerce is also creating new opportunities for SMEs to grow, and job opportunities for a new generation to thrive.
With over 5,000 employees in more than 10 countries in Africa, Jumia is led by top talented leaders offering a great mix of local and international talents and is backed by very high-profile shareholders. Jumia is committed to creating sustainable impact in Africa. Jumia offers unique opportunities in a vibrant and booming environment, creating new jobs, new skills, and empowering a new generation.
Key Responsibilities :
- Create KPIs and implement simple systems for evaluating and improving performance
- Use order life analysis to monitor Logistic process and improve operational efficiency
- Setup and continuously improve Logistic operations processes
- Design dashboards to easily identify bottleneck areas of the operational processes
- Oversee daily reporting on Backlog / Incidents/Change/Problem tickets and SLA status
- Delivery Success Rate
- Delivery Satisfaction for customers and partners
Job Requirements :
- Bachelors. Degree (Business Administration, Logistics- supply chain, Economics, Engineering)
- Advanced Excel to create macros, pivot tables, VLOOKUPS, analytical capabilities and work books.
- Relevant professional certification in Logistics or supply chain management will be an added advantage
- Ability to negotiate and communicate in flawless English, French, and/or Arabic (depending on base location)
- Demonstrated competency in data reporting and analysis
- Experience or high level of comfort in logistics operations
- Experience of E-commerce fulfillment best practice, with an understanding of customer and seller behavior
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Familiarity with working in a culturally diverse environment
- Excellent People, Problem-solving, Negotiation, Time management and Coordination skills.
- Self-Driven and great independent follow-through Ability
- Strong entrepreneurial skills, leadership, and drive
- Experience in logistics or operations is a plus
- A unique experience in an entrepreneurial, yet structured environment
- The opportunity to become part of a highly professional and dynamic team working around the world
- An unparalleled personal and professional growth as our longer-term objective is to train the next generation of leaders for our future internet ventures