The Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is a humanitarian, non-governmental and non-profit organization, founded in 1956, that works in more than 35 countries around the world. DRC has been operating in Kenya since 2005, where we assist refugees and displacement-affected communities in Dadaab, Kakuma, Kalobeyei and Nairobi through protection and livelihoods activities to enhance their self-reliance and expand opportunities for a dignified life. DRC provides both humanitarian assistance and longer-term development support to respond to the needs of communities affected by acute crisis as well as those in protracted displacement situations.
Overall purpose of the role
The Supply Chain Officer is responsible for procurement of program goods, services and works; improvements in procurement functions; effective warehousing and distribution of goods and services from the warehouses to the program activity sites. The holder of the position reports directly to the Area Manager and provides day-to-day administrative supervision to the units’ Supply Chain Assistants.
- Timely procurement of materials/goods, equipment, services and works ordered by the project teams in a cost-effective and transparent manner in line with DRC procurement procedures and donor-specific procurement and related policies. In the process ensure that adequate consultation with suppliers to create realistic delivery schedules and compare actual deliveries in order to evaluate supplier performance and responsiveness.
- Fully participate in evaluation of bids and proposals and make sure the bids evaluation report, technical evaluation, minutes of negotiations and negotiated contracts in selection of consultants / contractors contain all the facts and information required to justify the recommendations made in the report. Prepare the RFQ and ITB relevant documents, as well as TOC (tender) reports for procurement & tender committee review.
- Ensure that all Purchase Requests, Purchase Orders, RFQ and ITBs processed through DRC Dynamics contain correct and accurate information through review at every stage of the procurement process. Also ensure that procurement files are accurate and records are in compliance to DRC and donor procurement policies, filing system is properly established, all soft copies and hard copies of procurement files are accessible and manageable by auditors
- Lead the process of preparing contracts and amendments of contracts when needed.
- Participate in the joint verification of procured goods, services and works and to ascertain the items conformity to Technical Specifications and Quantities; constantly search the market for new suppliers that may provide better service or value for money for DRC.
- Maintain and update suppliers list using the Supplier Profile and Registration Form; participate in and facilitate the supplier pre-qualification process; Screen the suppliers in anti-terrorism databases
- Prepare and submit payments of suppliers to finance on a timely manner while ensurance complete documentation